circles- (22-5-20)

Today we will discuss about Sector and Segment of a circle

BOYS,WRITE EVERYTHING GIVEN IN THIS BLOG IN YOUR NOTEBOOK. PLEASE DRAW THE CIRCLES AND MARK EVERYTHING GIVEN IN/ON IT.

What is Sector of a circle?

The sector is basically a portion of a circle which could be defined based on these three points mentioned below:
  • A circular sector is the portion of a disk enclosed by two radii and an arc.
  • A sector divides the circle into two regions namely Major and Minor Sector.
  • The smaller area is known as the Minor Sector whereas the region having Greater area is known as Major Sector.

What is Segment of a circle?

A segment of a circle can be defined as a region bounded by a chord and a corresponding arc lying between the chord’s endpoints. 



To understand the concepts of sector and segment of a circle, watch this video by clicking  on the link 👉 https://youtu.be/viM7a4IUp9Y


Let's start Ex-4.6
Q1: From the figure, identify:
(a) the centre of circle
(b) three radii
(c) a diameter
(d) a chord
(e) two points in the interior
(f) a point in the exterior
(g) a sector
(h) a segment.
Solution.
(a) Centre of the circle is O.
(b) Three radii of the given circle are: OA, OB and OC.
(c)  Diameter of the circle is AC.
(d)  Chord of the circle is ED.
(e) Two points in the interior of the circle are O and P.
(f) Point in the exterior of the circle is Q.
(g) Sector of the circle is AOB (shaded region).
(h) Segment of the circle is ED (shaded region).
Q3: Draw any circle and mark
(a) its centre
(b) a radius
(c) a diameter
(d) a sector
(e) a segment
(f) a point in its interior
(g) a point in its exterior
(h) an arc.
Solution.
The Required circle can be drawn as follows:
In this circle,
(a) O is the centre.
(b) OA is a radius.
(c)  AB is a diameter.
(d) OBC is a sector (shaded region)
(e) ED in the segment(shaded region)
(f) P is in the interior of the circle.
(g) Q is in the exterior of the circle.
(h)  BC is an arc of the circle.

That's all for today
Take Care
God Bless!!

Comments

  1. Good morning ma'am my name is Lamin MJ 6C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodmorning I am murtaza ali 6 c

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING MA'AM. I AM JESSIL ABRAHAM 6C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Mam I am Arman Khan 6-C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Mam I am Arnav Singh 6C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning ma'am
    Abel Simte
    6-C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning ma'am I'm Leon Thomas from class 6c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning mam I am Abhav Singh Rawat 6-c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Ma'am.Lamlalhawl Gangte,6-C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning ma'am. I am Liansuan Khuptong of class 6-C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning mam I am Priyanshu Gautam from class 6-c.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning teachers l am Parv Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very goodmorning mam. Jihaan Madhav Relhan 6 C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning ma'am. I am Atulya Arya of cass 6-C

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning mam. I am Jayman A. Lakra: class 6-C.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GOOD MORNING MA'AM I AM ANAND GEORGE FROM CLASS 6C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Ma'am Ronell J Brown.6C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning Ma'am....💐
    I am Utkarsh student of class 6-C

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning madam. I am Dan Darlong 6C

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning mam I am Rakshit pal

    ReplyDelete
  21. good morning mam I am Rudrapriyam. 6 c

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning mam I am iwin Daniel 6C

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning Ma,am this is Vanramsuong Sinate of class 6-C.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning ma'am I am Albin Biju class 6c

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning ma'am I am Rohi Heiwun Shimray of class 6-C.

    ReplyDelete
  26. HOLIDAY HOMEWORK BLOG WILL BE PUBLISHED AT 1 PM TODAY.

    ReplyDelete
  27. GOOD MORNING MAM I AM TARUSH SACHDEV OF CLASS 6C

    ReplyDelete
  28. A very good morning mam.....Aayush Sharma from Class 6-C.

    ReplyDelete
  29. good morning ma.am I am sudeep paul of 6C

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gud morning mam I am Ayush bhalla class of six c

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good morning mam I am Ayush bhalla class of six c

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good morning madam karmanya bhardwaj 6c

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good Morning Ma'am I am MANAV SINGH NEGI 6C

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good morning ma'am I am Tanmay garg 6c

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good morning ma’am I am very sorry for the delay

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good morning mam I am from class6-c.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

parallel n interesting lines Ex 4.1

maths AQAD-1

QUADRILATERALS (EX. 4.5 ) 21-5-20